Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 24: I got it! Yay!

Today, I did not have classes with Joanna Di. Instead I've spent about 12 hours doing work related to my business adventures. Yay! Got some important stuff done.

But then in-between I practiced a bit and since I was alone in the basement, I just danced without expectation, and by George, I got it! I worked on a section of a piece Joanna Di is teaching me right now, and I had absolutely no expectations from my practice session, I just let myself do the steps, and I got through the section. Yay!

I still have about 6 other sections to get through in terms of memorization and internalising the rhythmic pattern so that I can dance to it...and then I have to do it according to the correct speeds. But I am excited about it now!

I am even more excited to say that I am booked to perform in Vernon BC in November for a Classical dance show and I will be performing the piece Joanna Di has taught me. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment